Sunday, August 29, 2010

World War II Memorabilia

Like many men and women of my father's generation, they served proudly in World War II.  For many it was their first trip outside of the continental United States; for others, it was their first travels outside of their local communities.  Such was the case with my father.

Again, like many of his generation, he refused to talk much, if at all, about his experiences during the war.  I knew that he had been wounded during the war and spend six months in a Parisian hospital, but he didn't provide much information.  "Where were you?"  I've asked on multiple occasions.  "Somewhere near the Rhine River, I think."

So, to help me piece together some of what is now fading from his memory, I'm looking for someone to help me identify the ribbons, medals, and other memorabilia.
Constabulary Force

I know that he served in the Constabulatory Force after the end of the war.  He also serves in both the 4th and 11th Armored Battalions as evidenced by the patches with the lightning bolts.  If you can add to my knowledge, please post your comments here.  I'd love to hear from you. If you have any sources or personal connections that may benefit from knowing my father's name, please send me an email to brs1227@gmail.com.


Yes, Purple Heart, Marksman, others?



4th and 11th Armored Battalions

1 comment:

  1. Good post. LMK if you dig up any info?

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete